The EPR 100 is a closed loop electronic pressure regulator able to convert a variable analog or digital input signal (current, voltage, keypad, RS-232) into a proportional pneumatic output and maintain with precision a required downstream pressure. Equipped with an 8 bit microcontroller, it can process sig-nals and commands, carry out complex functions and easily interface with other control/monitor sys-tems via serial RS-232, perfectly integrating in applications which had required more elaborate and expensive systems up till now. The compact and functional design, overall performances and reliability make for an effortless integration in any advanced pneumatic system that requires an active compo-nent quickly adaptable to any specific requirement. The input signal, which may be analog (0-5 V, 0-10 V, 4- 20 mA) or digital (serial RS-232, keypad/display), is processed by the microcontroller and con-verted into a proportional pressure output by using PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) controlled high-speed solenoid valves for feed and exhaust functions. An integrated pressure sensor continuously monitors the output pressure of the EPR 100 providing a feedback to the controller that compares this value to the desired set point, which is set by the input signal. Thus any variation of the output pres-sure can be quickly and precisely compensated in order to maintain the requested downstream pres-sure. This closed loop system has a reaction time of less than 5 ms. In addition; the EPR 100 may supply an analog output (0-7 V) in proportion to the downstream pressure (0-7 bar).
When combined with an external volume booster (power stage), the EPR 100 operates as a proportional pilot-valve guaranteeing extremely fast response times and high precision even at higher flow rate levels.
The EPR 100 is available in two basic versions:
- EPR 100 A equipped with analog/digital input interface (0-5 V, 0-10 V, 4-20 mA*, RS-232) and status LED.
- EPR 100 D equipped with analog/digital input interface (0-5 V, 0-10 V, 4-20 mA*, RS-232), key-pad/display user interface, status LED.
*Available upon request.
The EPR 100 may normally be used in any advanced industrial application which requires quickly adjusting and maintaining with precision a pressure value setting in order to easily manage complex processes or functions. These include positioning, tensioning, movement, speed and force control in robotic equipments, tensioning system, testing devices, winding devices, dispensing systems, welding equipments, clamping devices, etc. within food, automotive, textile, paper, packaging and machine tools industries.
- Compact size and lightweight, designed to meet IP65 requirements
- Very fast response times for a precise and reliable output pressure regulation
- Unaffected by shocks, vibrations or accelerations. Can be installed at any angle
- Quickly adaptable to any specific requirement with programmable configuration
- Easy to read digital display for output pressure visualization and user settings
- Low power consumption. No air consumption in steady condition
- Remote control through serial RS-232